Metro

BOSTON

Acid spill at BU lab injures assistant

Advertisement

A man was injured Monday afternoon in an acid spill in a Boston University laboratory, the Boston Fire Department said. Emergency crews responded just after 4 p.m. to 24 Cummington St., BU’s Life Sciences & Engineering Building, the Fire Department said in an official tweet. The building was evacuated. Trichloroacetic acid had spilled on a research assistant in an eighth-floor lab. The man had already self-decontaminated using a “lab deluge shower,” the Fire Department said. The man was taken to a hospital for further evaluation.

Sarah N. Mattero can be reached at sarah.mattero@globe.com.
Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com