You can now read 10 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

The Boston Globe

Metro

Governor Dannel Malloy says storm aid to Conn. businesses to top Irene

HARTFORD — Governor Dannel P. Malloy said Friday that he expects the number of applications from Connecticut businesses and homeowners for federal disaster assistance following Hurricane Sandy to surpass those filed after the remnants of Hurricane Irene hit last year.

During a conference call with chambers of commerce, he said 948 businesses and 3,832 homeowners have already ­applied for financial help from the federal government. That is compared with 1,321 businesses and 5,654 homeowners filing applications over a long period of time following Irene.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week