A fire believed to have been started by the improper disposal of incense at a religious service heavily damaged a church in Woonsocket. WPRI-TV reported that the fire at St. Michael Ukrainian Orthodox Church on Harris Avenue broke out around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. No one was injured, but the blaze heavily damaged the building. All 26 members of the Woonsocket Fire Department responded. Captain Michael Morin said he believes the fire was caused by incense that was used but not properly disposed of after a service Tuesday night.
Fire from incense damages church
| Associated Press November 22, 2012
Read it all, now.
Don't miss any of your favorite stories again. Read the stories that matter to you as much as you want, whenever you want when you subscribe to BostonGlobe.com.
Get full access today for just 99¢