Metro

Woonsocket, R.I.

Fire from incense damages church

Advertisement

A fire believed to have been started by the improper disposal of incense at a religious service heavily damaged a church in Woonsocket. WPRI-TV reported that the fire at St. Michael Ukrainian Orthodox Church on Harris Avenue broke out around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. No one was injured, but the blaze heavily damaged the building. All 26 members of the Woonsocket Fire Department responded. Captain Michael Morin said he believes the fire was caused by incense that was used but not properly disposed of after a service Tuesday night.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
You're reading  1 of 5 free articles.
Get UNLIMITED access for only 99¢ per week Subscribe Now >
You're reading1 of 5 free articles.Keep scrolling to see more articles recomended for you Subscribe now
We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com