Authorities say a fire originating in a bedroom destroyed most of a mobile home in the central Maine town of Madison, but the family living there survived. Madison Fire Chief Roger Lightbody told the Morning Sentinel of Waterville that the bedroom was destroyed in Friday night’s fire and the rest of the interior had extensive smoke damage. Lightbody said three children and two adults were inside when the fire broke out. All of them escaped unharmed, but three cats died in the blaze.
Family escapes mobile home fire
You have reached the limit of 10 free articles a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than $1 a week