Relive the excitement of the Patriots’ path to their fourth Super Bowl Championship with “Pumped,” a special commemorative book from The Boston Globe.

Boston

Carbon monoxide at spa sends 8 to hospital

Continue reading below

Eight people were taken to hospitals Saturday after being exposed to carbon monoxide at a spa in Back Bay, a Fire Department spokesman said. Firefighters responded to Exhale Spa on Arlington Street at 2:21 p.m. because some people in the building complained about lightheadedness, said the spokesman, Steve MacDonald. About 30 spa workers and patrons were evaluated for carbon monoxide exposure, MacDonald said, and no injuries appeared to be life-threatening. The eight people were taken to Massachusetts General Hospital and Tufts Medical Center. Firefighters vented the building and shut off the hot water-heating system and clothes dryers, MacDonald said. A spokeswoman for the company said the spa would be closed until further notice.

Loading comments...

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking. Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com