The Federal Emergency Management Agency has rejected buyouts for 33 Vermont properties damaged or destroyed by Tropical Storm Irene and spring flooding last year. The state is considering appeals in some of the cases, Irene recovery officer Sue Minter said Wednesday. FEMA has approved 81 home buyouts. Under the program, the agency will pay up to 75 percent of the home’s value. But the agency notified the state in a Dec. 10 letter that 33 properties, including some mobile homes, were ineligible for the program. Some were rejected because they were demolished before the application was put in, Minter said.
By LISA RATHKE| Associated Press December 20, 2012
Read it all, now.
Don't miss any of your favorite stories again. Read the stories that matter to you as much as you want, whenever you want when you subscribe to BostonGlobe.com.
Get full access today for just 99¢