You can now read 10 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

The Boston Globe

Metro

Londonderry, N.H

N.H. child who died in fire identified

Fire officials have identified a child who died in a fire in a mobile home in Londonderry. They said 17-month-old Garrett Grice was sleeping in his crib in a bedroom Thursday when the fire caused by unattended cooking on the kitchen stove quickly spread. He died of smoke inhalation. Fire officials said cooking oil was ignited when the burner was turned on by another child. The mother, unaware that the burner was turned on, left the home with that child for several minutes to see a relative across the street.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week