Metro

Londonderry, N.H

N.H. child who died in fire identified

Advertisement

Fire officials have identified a child who died in a fire in a mobile home in Londonderry. They said 17-month-old Garrett Grice was sleeping in his crib in a bedroom Thursday when the fire caused by unattended cooking on the kitchen stove quickly spread. He died of smoke inhalation. Fire officials said cooking oil was ignited when the burner was turned on by another child. The mother, unaware that the burner was turned on, left the home with that child for several minutes to see a relative across the street.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
You're reading  1 of 5 free articles.
Get UNLIMITED access for only 99¢ per week Subscribe Now >
You're reading1 of 5 free articles.Keep scrolling to see more articles recomended for you Subscribe now
We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com