Metro

Milton

Bedroom fire displaces five people

A fire that ravaged a bedroom in a two-story single family home in Milton early this morning was started by a lit candle, said Milton Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Mahony.

No one was injured from the blaze, but five people living in the house were displaced because of the damage, along with their two dogs, according to American Red Cross spokeswoman Ashley Studley. The Red Cross gave the victims money for food, clothing, shoes and a hotel stay, Studley said.

Advertisement

Firefighters from the Quincy Fire Department first responded to the call at 435 Beale St., which sits just over the border in Milton, around 4:30 a.m. this morning, said Quincy Fire Lieutenant Daniel Coletti.

The flames were fairly easy to control, Coletti said, and the fire did not spread from the bedroom to anywhere else in the home.

Get Fast Forward in your inbox:
Forget yesterday's news. Get what you need today in this early-morning email.
Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here

“The bedroom’s a mess, but it was confined to the bedroom,” Coletti said.

The fire is under investigation by the Milton Fire Department.

Jaclyn Reiss can be reached at jaclyn.reiss@globe.com. Jeff Fish can be reached at jfish@globe.com.
Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com