You can now read 5 articles in a month for free on Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

Woman in 2012 N.H. home invasion found dead

BEDFORD, N.H. — Police say less than two months after an anesthesiologist and his wife said they were attacked in their upscale New Hampshire home by an unknown man, the wife has been found dead and the husband has been found unconscious at a relative’s home.

Police found Sonia Quesada dead and Eduardo Quesada unconscious Monday when a family member called police asking them to check in on the couple. They had been staying at a Bedford condominium owned by Eduardo Quesada’s mother following the Nov. 24 attack that left him severely beaten.

Continue reading below

The family member said several attempts to contact the couple were unsuccessful, and that both hadn’t shown up at appointments scheduled Monday morning. After trying unsuccessfully to reach them, police got permission from family to force their way into the condo.

Eduardo Quesada was hospitalized; his condition wasn’t immediately known. An autopsy was scheduled Tuesday for Sonia Quesada.

‘‘There was no visible sign of trauma to either of the individuals,’’ Bedford Police Chief John Bryfonski said. ‘‘There was a large amount — or what would be considered to be a large amount — of prescription medication that was found nearby.’’

Bryfonski said there was no sign of forced entry. No one else was found inside the home; the couple have a 2-year-old daughter, who is staying with family. It wasn’t immediately known where Norma Quesada, Eduardo Quesada’s mother, was. The condo is in an upscale 55-ppolus community known as The Mews at Bedford.

When asked if Monday’s developments were related to the home invasion, Bryfonski said police were investigating both as separate incidents.

In November, police responded to the couple’s home after Sonia Quesada reportedly fled to a neighbor’s house and called 911. She said she and her husband had just entered their home when they were assaulted by a man wearing a ski mask and dark clothing. No one was arrested.

Bryfonski called a community meeting in December to discuss their investigation with residents. He said the FBI and Drug Enforcement Administration joined police in their investigation.

Loading comments...
Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
Please enter a valid email will never post anything without asking.
Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of
Marketing image of