An elderly man and woman sustained minor injuries in a one-alarm fire in Bourne Monday, Deputy Fire Chief Dave Cody said. The blaze at 9 Portside Drive was reported at 4:49 p.m., Cody said, and ambulances transported both unidentified residents to Falmouth Hospital for smoke inhalation and possible minor burns. The fire appeared to have started near the home’s living room fireplace and was contained in that room, though there was extensive smoke damage throughout the ranch-style house, Cody said. The fire appeared to be accidental, but the state fire marshal’s office is investigating.
Couple sustain minor injury in Bourne fire
You have reached the limit of 10 free articles a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than $1 a week