New Hampshire’s fire marshal said the fireworks explosion at a Pelham home last summer that seriously injured a 2-year-old boy was accidental. Fire Marshal J. William Degnan said that 344 mortar shells on the back deck of the home were set off by an aerial spinner firework. Degnan said all 13 people injured, eight adults and five children, were on the deck or in an adjacent, three-season porch. One of the most seriously injured was 2-year-old Ben Bertini, who was kept in a medically induced coma for a week at Shriners Hospital in Boston.
Fireworks blast an accident, fire marshal says
| Associated Press February 02, 2013
Read it all, now.
Don't miss any of your favorite stories again. Read the stories that matter to you as much as you want, whenever you want when you subscribe to BostonGlobe.com.
Get full access today for just 99¢