Thirty-four people were temporarily evacuated from a cargo building at Logan International Airport Tuesday after the odor of natural gas was reported, Massport spokesman Matthew Brelis said. Massport fire and rescue was examining a gas-powered forklift as a possible source of a gas leak, but they could not immediately identify the cause, Brelis said. Five of those in the building were taken to Massachusetts General Hospital after showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, said Boston EMS spokeswoman Jennifer Mehigan.
Logan Airport building evacuated for gas odor
You've reached the limit of 10 free articles a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than $1 a week