Five Brockton residents, including two children, have been released from the hospital after being admitted for carbon monoxide inhalation, caused by a gas oven they left on overnight to heat their apartment, a fire official said. The apartment building, located at 165 Carl Ave., was without power after Friday’s snowstorm. One family, with two children ages 2 and 7, and two neighbors were using the stove for warmth, Brockton Deputy Fire Chief Mark Baker said. He said someone in the apartment called emergency services after the 2-year-old began to feel sick, and everyone in the residence was taken to the hospital.
Carbon monoxide sends 5 to hospital
You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than 25¢ a week