You can now read 5 articles in a month for free on Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.


Carbon monoxide sends 5 to hospital

Continue reading below

Five Brockton residents, including two children, have been released from the hospital after being admitted for carbon monoxide inhalation, caused by a gas oven they left on overnight to heat their apartment, a fire official said. The apartment building, located at 165 Carl Ave., was without power after Friday’s snowstorm. One family, with two children ages 2 and 7, and two neighbors were using the stove for warmth, Brockton Deputy Fire Chief Mark Baker said. He said someone in the apartment called emergency services after the 2-year-old began to feel sick, and everyone in the residence was taken to the hospital.

Todd Feathers can be reached at Follow him on Twitter at @ToddFeathers.
Loading comments...
Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
Please enter a valid email will never post anything without asking.
Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of
Marketing image of