The Maine fire marshal’s office has confirmed that a propane leak was to blame for a blast that leveled a two-unit apartment building and killed one person. Fire investigators said the leak was in the wall of the unit next to one where a woman’s body was found in the rubble Tuesday in Bath. Investigators believe fumes seeped into a crawl space before being ignited by an unknown source. The blast flattened the building, awakened neighbors, and scattered debris as far as a quarter-mile away. Four people were taken to the hospital.
Propane leak was cause of Maine house explosion
| Associated Press February 14, 2013
Read it all, now.
Don't miss any of your favorite stories again. Read the stories that matter to you as much as you want, whenever you want when you subscribe to BostonGlobe.com.
Get full access today for just 99¢