A researcher working with a chemical suffered a serious cut to his arm when a glass container shattered Tuesday in a Charlestown lab, prompting firefighters to send a hazardous materials team to the site run by Massachusetts General Hospital, officials said. No toxic substances were released, Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said at the scene at 149 13th St. A technician on the sixth floor was working with tetrazine at about 3 p.m. when the glass burst, MacDonald said.
Researcher hurt when glass shatters at MGH lab in Charlestown
You have reached the limit of 10 free articles a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than $1 a week