Researcher hurt when glass shatters at MGH lab in Charlestown

A researcher working with a chemical suffered a serious cut to his arm when a glass container shattered Tuesday in a Charlestown lab, prompting firefighters to send a hazardous materials team to the site run by Massachusetts General ­Hospital, officials said. No toxic substances were released, Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said at the scene at 149 13th St. A technician on the sixth floor was working with tetrazine at about 3 p.m. when the glass burst, MacDonald said.


John R. Ellement of the Globe staff contributed to this report. Travis Andersen can be reached at Follow him on Twitter @TAGlobe.