Metro

Careless disposal of cigarette seen as cause of six-alarm Dorchester blaze

Advertisement

Someone’s careless disposal of a cigarette was the cause of a six-alarm blaze in Dorchester that caused an estimated $1.2 million in damage and left 30 people homeless, the Boston fire department said today.

The fire Wednesday night began on the third-floor rear porch of 10 Fox St. It spread to 12 Fox St. and 8 Juliette St., the department said.

The blaze struck around 6:35 p.m. Wednesday. Fire officials said the fire was a “perfect storm” because the three-deckers were close to each other and the fire swirled in a confined space.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
You're reading  1 of 5 free articles.
Get UNLIMITED access for only 99¢ per week Subscribe Now >
You're reading1 of 5 free articles.Keep scrolling to see more articles recomended for you Subscribe now
We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com