Metro

Durham, N.H.

3 UNH students remain hospitalized

Advertisement

Three women, all students at the University of New Hampshire, remained hospitalized Sunday after suffering serious burns to their feet when a hot-water pipe burst Saturday, flooding their residence hall at the Durham, N.H., school. The students were injured while evacuating Hunter Hall. The decades-old pipe had been leaking for an undetermined amount of time before failing, the university said in a statement. The two hot-water pipes leading into the building were repaired Sunday and heat was restored to the hall around 3 p.m., the university said. The injured students were taken to local hospitals, then transferred to Boston hospitals.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
You're reading  1 of 5 free articles.
Get UNLIMITED access for only 99¢ per week Subscribe Now >
You're reading1 of 5 free articles.Keep scrolling to see more articles recomended for you Subscribe now
We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com