ATTLEBORO — Shayanna Jenkins broke into tears when she was told that Odin L. Lloyd had been murdered, but her boyfriend Aaron Hernandez slammed the door in the face of police, according to court records released this afternoon.
“Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated,” police wrote in one of several reports unsealed in Attleboro District Court today. “Mr. Hernandez’s demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person.”
The records total 156 pages and summarize the investigation into the death of Lloyd beginning with the discovery of his body in an industrial park in North Attleborough on June 17 and ending on June 26 when Hernandez was arrested and charged with orchestrating Lloyd’s murder.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to all charges and is currently being held without bail at the Bristol County Jail.
The records, which were released at the request of several news organizations including the Boston Globe, do not contain any indication of what Bristol District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter’s office believe motivated a one-time millionaire professional athlete to murder Lloyd, who was dating Jenkins’ sister.
Bristol prosecutors have alleged in court that when both Hernandez and Lloyd were in the Boston bar called Rumor on June 14, Hernandez spotted the 27-year-old Lloyd talking with some people Hernandez “had troubles with.’’
The Globe has reported that the murder of Lloyd has led Boston police to investigate Hernandez for allegedly playing a role in the murders of Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, who were shot to death July 16, 2012, in the South End as they drove home from a Boston nightclub.
In the papers released about the Lloyd homicide, police said that an employee of Rumor nightclub told them Hernandez appeared to be wearing a pistol when he was in the nightclub on June 14.
Lloyd slept over at Hernandez’s home that night, according to the records.
In the papers, police said their conversation with Jenkins came to an abrupt end when Hernandez called on her cell phone and told her his “sports agent said she should not speak with police’’ without a lawyer present, according to one of the unsealed documents.
Jenkins told police that Lloyd was a marijuana dealer whose phone rang constantly and that she often overheard him speaking in a “lingo’’ that she interpreted as code words for marijuana transactions.
Just hours after Lloyd’s body was found, State and North Attleborough police questioned Hernandez outside his home on Ronald C. Meyer Drive in North Attleborough around 10:30 p.m. on June 17.
He told investigators that he last saw Lloyd on June 16 “up his way’’ in Boston, according to the report. Hernandez quickly turned hostile toward detectives, police said in the report.
“What’s with all the questions?” Hernandez asked police.
Hernandez said he needed to speak with an attorney and walked back into his house, retrieved his lawyer’s business card and handed it to the detectives standing at his front door. The detectives told Hernandez they were investigating a death, but he responded by slamming the door, and locking it, police said.
During his arraignment on murder charges, Bristol County prosecutors alleged that Hernandez and two other men -- Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace -- were captured on surveillance cameras picking up Lloyd at his Fayston Street home in Dorchester around 2:32 a.m. on June 17.
All four men drove away from Fayston Street in a silver Nissan Sentra that Hernandez returned to the car rental agency on June 18, one day after Lloyd was killed. The driver’s side mirror was damaged -- authorities have previously asked for the public’s help in locating it -- and Hernandez made a point of apologizing for the damage to the car.
According to police, Hernandez told a car rental employee that he did not know how the vehicle was damaged, and “explained that he just came outside and saw that the vehicle was damaged.”
Police said that after Lloyd’s murder, they checked the Dorchester man’s cellphone and discovered a series of text messages between Hernandez and Lloyd that began at 9:05 p.m. on June 16.
“I’m coming to grab that tonight u gon b around i need dat and we could step for a little again,’’ Hernandez wrote to Lloyd.
The two had a total of five contacts with each other before Lloyd’s last message to Hernandez, which he sent around 12:22 a.m. on June 17
“We still on.’’
According to court records, during the ride from Dorchester to North Attleborough, Lloyd texted his sister, Shaquilla Thibou, informing her in a type of code that he was in a car with Hernandez at 3:22 a.m.
One minute later, he sent his final text.
“Just so you know,’’ he wrote at 3:23 a.m., records show.
During her short conversation with police, Jenkins told police about the surveillance system they had recently installed in their home following a series of housebreaks. Police obtained some of those recordings from June 16 and 17 including an image taken at 3:33 a.m. on June 17 that shows Hernandez is back home standing at the entrance of his basement, moving what looks like a gun from hand to hand.
An employee of a business near where Lloyd was shot told police he took his regular break between 3 a.m. and 3:30 and that he heard three gunshots echo through the industrial park at roughly 3:15 a.m.
When police later searched Lloyd’s body, in his pockets they found his wallet, two sets of keys for a black Chevy Suburban, a cell phone and $64.75 in cash.
In an inventory of items seized from Hernandez’s home during the multiple searches they conducted between June 17 and June 26, police said they seized a Blackberry phone, three Apple iPads, an Apple iPhone, a pair of white Nike sneakers sized 13, a long sleeve white shirt, jeans and a bath towel.
Police also seized a safe they discovered held .22 caliber ammunition, a scale and a dish, a black duffel bag holding some bandages, a watch and a white plastic bag holding grey jeans and grey sweats.
Police also said they tested a mattress and a piece of the bed skirt from that mattress for the presence of gunshot residue.
Earlier today, a court hearing for an associate of Hernandez was abruptly called off by the attorney for Ortiz and by Sutter’s office.
In a brief hearing in Attleboro courthouse, John Connors, the attorney for Ortiz, 27, of Bristol, Conn., and Sutter’s office agreed to continue the dangerousness hearing until Aug. 14.
Ortiz is currently charged only with unlawful possession of a firearm, stemming from his own statements to police and video surveillance that allegedly shows him walking into Hernandez’s North Attleborough home with a gun in his hand around 3:30 a.m. on June 17.
Speaking to reporters after the hearing, Connors said that his client is not cooperating against Hernandez.
“I don’t believe anything that comes out like that,’’ Connors said. “He’s been talking to me. At this point he’s charged with carrying a gun, that’s all he’s been charged with.”
Although Ortiz is facing prosecution in Bristol County, he is currently being housed at the Norfolk County Jail in Dedham, officials said today.
Connors didn’t specify how his client knows Hernandez, other than to say that the two are from Bristol, Conn., and that his client is “an athletic young man.”
“He’s not at all, as far as I can see, a violent person,” Connors said of Ortiz.
Connors, who has been appointed to represent the indigent Ortiz, said he isn’t fighting for bail for his client because Ortiz would not be able to post any amount.
“If they held him on ten thousand or twenty thousand, he still couldn’t make the bail,” he said.
Sutter spokesman Gregg Miliotte said the gun charge filed against Ortiz warranted the request for a dangerousness hearing and to have Ortiz held without bail. “I wouldn’t call it minor, it’s a gun possession charge, a serious charge,’’ Miliote said.
Connors questioned why his client — and the murder of Lloyd — was getting so much attention in the media.
“If you look at Rhode Island, Providence, in six months ten people murdered, I don’t think I’ve seen one camera out there,’’ Connors said. “Because of the fact that one of the them is an NFL player here, you have cameras everywhere.”
. Wallace, on Monday, pleaded not guilty to accessory after the fact of murder and is being held without bail.
Wallace is scheduled to be back in court July 22 for a status hearing.
Ortiz and Wallace both have pleaded not guilty to all charges and have not been charged with murdering Lloyd.
Hernandez has a July 24 probable cause hearing.