Several floors on the Hilton Hotel on Broad Street in Boston were evacuated today after strong chemical odors flowed through the ventilation system, the Boston Fire Department said.
No injuries were reported.
The top five floors of the 15-story hotel were evacuated as a safety precaution while firefighters worked to ventilate the structure, the department said on its official Twitter account.
“Workers on the roof had some chemicals/ solvents that had a reaction with the fumes entering the ventilation system,’’ the department said.
Work on the roof was halted while the hotel staff and fire department hazardous material specialists supervised the clean-up.John R. Ellement can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @JREbosglobe.