Metro

Hingham

Teen to face charges for BB gun school scare

Advertisement

A 13-year-old boy who was spotted behind a Hingham elementary school with a pellet gun last week, prompting a brief lockdown, is facing a number of charges, authorities said. The teen will be charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a dangerous weapon on school grounds, being a minor in possession of a BB gun, and disorderly conduct, Sergeant Steven Dearth told the Patriot Ledger. Foster Elementary School went into lockdown for about 20 minutes Thursday after school officials received a report of someone in the woods behind the school, possibly carrying a gun and wearing a ski mask. Although school was over for the day, there were some students and staff involved in after-school activities in the building.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com