You can now read 10 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

The Boston Globe

Metro

Cigarette causes Dorchester house fire

Blaze displaces 13 residents

Careless disposal of a cigarette caused a four-alarm fire that devastated a Dorchester three-decker early Sunday morning and left 13 people homeless, according to a fire official.

The fire started on the first-floor front porch, then rose to the second- and third-floor porches of the house on Colonial Avenue.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week