Metro

Old Lyme, Conn.

Woman dies after condo kitchen fire

Advertisement

A woman believed to be in her 90s died Sunday after suffering serious burns in a condominium fire in Old Lyme, Conn. Firefighters responded to the blaze on Lyme Street at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, and the injured woman was flown to Bridgeport Hospital. She died Sunday afternoon, Town Fire Marshal Dave Roberge told The Day of New London. The woman’s name was not released. Neighbors said the woman was in her mid-90s and lived alone on the first floor. No one else was hurt. Roberge said the fire began on the woman’s kitchen stove by accident and ignited her clothes.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com