Next Score View the next score

    Suspect charged in 2010 slaying of pregnant woman

    Victim’s remains found in 2012 in W. Barnstable

    A Boston man who once lived in Centerville is being charged in the 2010 fatal shooting of a pregnant Nantucket woman who was carrying his unborn child, prosecutors said on Tuesday.

    Quoizel L. Wilson, 35, was arrested without incident Tuesday in Chelsea for allegedly shooting Trudie Hall, 23, several times and leaving her remains in Falmouth, Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe’s office said.

    Wilson, who is being held, is expected to be arraigned Wednesday in Barnstable Superior Court on charges of murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and unlawful disposal of a body, O’Keefe’s office said.


    “I hope this step brings a small measure of peace” to Hall’s family, O’Keefe said in a statement. He declined in a followup interview to discuss a possible motive for the slaying.

    Get Fast Forward in your inbox:
    Forget yesterday's news. Get what you need today in this early-morning email.
    Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here

    Wilson’s lawyer, Robert J. Galibois, said that his client denies the allegations.

    “I’m fully expecting him to plead not guilty tomorrow morning at his arraignment,” Galibois said.

    While authorities maintain that Wilson, who was married to another woman at the time of Hall’s death, was the father of Hall’s unborn child, Galibois said he has not seen “any . . . evidence showing that yet,” or even that the two were in a relationship.

    Hall, a certified nursing assistant, was four months pregnant when her mother, Vivienne Walker, reported her missing on July 28, 2010. Walker could not be reached on Tuesday.


    A day later, police found her rented 2009 Toyota Avalon in West Barnstable. Investigators found blood and bullet casings inside the vehicle.

    Authorities scoured hundreds of acres of woods in the weeks that followed, and a man walking his dog in April 2012 found Hall’s remains in a wooded area off Hayway Road in Falmouth.

    Galibois said at the time that Wilson “maintains his vehement denial” of any wrongdoing. O’Keefe said there is ample evidence linking Wilson to the slaying, but he declined to elaborate ahead of the court proceedings.

    Wilson has since divorced. He and his former wife sold their Centerville home in November 2012 for $250,000, according to that county’s Registry of Deeds.

    O’Keefe said on Tuesday by phone, “We believe that [Wilson] had a relationship with [Hall], that he met her as soon as she arrived in Hyannis that day and spent several hours with her. And then we believe that he met her later that evening, and that he killed her.”


    After her daughter’s remains were found, Walker described her family’s ordeal.

    “There were so many times that I parked my car with the lights pointing in the forest, going into the bushes myself to look for my pregnant daughter,” Walker said at the time. “It’s been so awful; no parent should have to go through this.’’

    Travis Andersen can be reached at Follow him on Twitter @TAGlobe.