You can now read 10 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

The Boston Globe

Metro

Carbon monoxide leak in Waltham sends children to hospital

About 20 children attending Sunday school in Waltham were taken to the hospital Sunday morning after a carbon monoxide leak made several students and teachers sick, Waltham authorities said.

Fire officials said they measured “extremely high” levels of carbon monoxide in St. Mary’s Religious Education Center on Pond Street. Teachers at the Sunday school called for help around 9 a.m. after several instructors and students felt dizzy and light-headed, said Deputy Chief Michael Quinn, of the Waltham Fire Department.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week