Firefighters battle grease fire in fast food restaurant in downtown Boston


A fire in the kitchen of the Burger King on Boylston Street spread into the ductwork of the downtown Boston building before Boston firefighters put out the blaze, officials said. According to a Fire Department tweet, the fire was discovered around 7:27 a.m. inside the restaurant at 551 Boylston St. The roof of the four-story building across from Copley Square Park was broken open around the duct, and the fire was out by 8:15 a.m. The two-alarm blaze was caused by grease in the ductwork, and fire officials estimated damages at $100,000. No injuries were reported, officials said.

Catalina Gaitan can be reached at Follow her on Twitter at @catalina_gaitan.
Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of
Marketing image of