The New Hampshire state fire marshal’s office and the Plaistow police and fire departments are investigating the deaths of three people from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in Plaistow on Tuesday.
The victims were identified today as Plaistow residents Kirk Walsh, 32, Maryanne Comparato, 47, and John Adams Jr., 28, according to a statement from the fire marshal’s office.
A preliminary investigation indicates the propane heating system was the source of the carbon monoxide in the Center Circle home that day, the statement said.
State Fire Marshal William Degnan is urging residents to install carbon monoxide detectors and have heating appliances regularly inspected.Catalina Gaitan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter at @catalina_gaitan.