Six people have turned themselves in to Transit Police after allegedly attacking a man and two women on a Red Line train at the MBTA’s Broadway station in South Boston Sunday night.
The alleged attackers, four of them male and two female, presented themselves to Transit Police detectives Wednesday, though not all of them at once, Lieutenant Detective Richard Sullivan said in an e-mail sent Wednesday night.
“The investigation is ongoing, and we will not release the names of those involved at this time,” Sullivan said.
“No charges have been filed at this time.”
A video of the attack and surveillance images of some suspects had earlier been posted on the Transit Police blog.
In the video taken by a passenger, several people are seen attacking the victims on
the train at about 9 p.m. Sunday.
The male victim was taken to a hospital for treatment and was released.
Both female victims were treated at the scene, said Superintendent in Chief Joseph O’Connor of the Transit Police.
The fight began when the male victim engaged in a verbal argument with the group.
The group allegedly began to kick and punch him repeatedly, and the two female victims intervened to help him, O’Connor said.
Detectives have not found any evidence to indicate that the incident was a bias crime, O’Connor said earlier Wednesday.Jacqueline Tempera can be reached at jacqueline.tempera
@globe.com. Follow her on twitter @jacktemp.
Jeremy C. Fox can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @jeremycfox.