You can now read 10 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

The Boston Globe

Metro

Eighteen sickened by carbon monoxide leak in Douglas

Eighteen people, 16 of them kindergarten students, were taken to the hospital Monday morning after a carbon monoxide leak at the Douglas Municipal Center, the fire chief said.

A malfunctioning boiler caused the leak at about 9:15 a.m. at the building on Depot Street, according to Fire Chief Kent Vinson.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week