Relive the excitement of the Patriots’ path to their fourth Super Bowl Championship with “Pumped”, a special commemorative book from The Boston Globe. Order now.

Newton restaurants evacuated after carbon monoxide leak

Two Newton restaurants were cleared this morning, after a faulty oven caused a carbon monoxide leak, firefighters said.

A dozen employees were evacuated from Legal Sea Foods and The Cottage restaurants on Boylston Street in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood, said Newton Fire Lieutenant Eric Fricke in a telephone interview this afternoon.

Continue reading below

One man complained of light-headedness and was evaluated on scene, said Fricke.

An oven inside the Legal Sea Foods leaked the gas about 9 a.m., said Fricke.

The buildings were ventilated, said Fricke.

Both restaurants were closed at the time of the incident, but they are expected to open shortly for lunch, said Fricke.

Jacqueline Tempera can be reached at jacqueline.tempera@globe.com. Follow her on twitter @jacktemp
Loading comments...

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking. Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com