The owners of the Lakeview Pavilion, the landmark Foxborough function facility destroyed by fire last weekend, estimated on Monday that 200 couples had booked their wedding receptions with them through the fall of 2015.
The company said it had kept all of the deposits from those couples in a savings account and would mail out refunds to brides and grooms in one week.
The company is also opening an office this week to meet with couples affected by the blaze.
“We are devastated by the loss of this beloved local treasure and are absolutely committed to quickly rebuilding an even better Lakeview Pavilion,” the company said in a statement.
The owners also thanked first responders and said its staff twice entered the burning facility to make sure no guests had been trapped inside by the powerful fire.
The company’s events coordinator, Terry Memmo, will help couples find a new location for their special day, the company said in a statement.
Foxborough fire officials said careless disposal of smoking material sparked the three-alarm fire that broke out in the 108-year-old venue around 7 p.m. Sunday while a wedding was being performed, officials said.
“It looks like a cigarette was thrown into some mulch and the fire erupted from there and spread to the building,” Deputy Fire Chief Steven Bagley told the Globe Sunday.John R. Ellement can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @JREbosglobe.