Twenty-four Brockton residents were displaced Saturday afternoon after a single-alarm fire spread though an apartment complex on North Main Street in Brockton.
The fire, which was reported at 3:11 p.m, began on the first floor when a power strip overheated, the fire department said.
No one was injured. The residents included one child.
The American Red Cross of Massachusetts provided the residents with emergency shelter at a hotel and funds for food through the rest of the weekend.
One family received additional funds for clothing.Juan Cajigas can be reached at Juan.firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Esteban_Cajigas