Metro

Brockton fire displaces 24 residents

Twenty-four Brockton residents were displaced Saturday afternoon after a single-alarm fire spread though an apartment complex on North Main Street in Brockton.

The fire, which was reported at 3:11 p.m, began on the first floor when a power strip overheated, the fire department said.

Advertisement

No one was injured. The residents included one child.

The American Red Cross of Massachusetts provided the residents with emergency shelter at a hotel and funds for food through the rest of the weekend.

One family received additional funds for clothing.

Juan Cajigas can be reached at Juan.cajigasjimenez@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter at @Esteban_Cajigas
Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com