You can now read 5 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

N.H. boy sent to hospital for smoke inhalation

A 5-year-old boy from Manchester, N.H., was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation Sunday morning when an unattended pot on the stove caught fire, officials said.

The three-family, wood frame apartment building on Laurel Street caught fire at midnight, Manchester Fire Chief James Michael said.

Continue reading below

The blaze only reached one alarm, causing $15,000 in damage and displaced the first-floor residents, he said.

The boy had been at home with a baby sitter when oil in the pot caught fire. He was sent to Elliot Hospital, and his condition is unknown; the blaze was out by 1 a.m., Michael said.

Melissa Hanson can be reached at melissa.hanson@globe.com or on Twitter @Melissa__Hanson
Loading comments...

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking.
Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com