With the local women’s march descending on Boston today and thousands of protesters expected, the city has issued a traffic advisory . Basically, if you’re not marching, you should avoid the Common, Public Garden, and Commonwealth Avenue area from mid-morning until mid-afternoon.
The T is going to have extra service today to help ease the trouble of getting in and around the city.
The program begins at 11 a.m. with speakers, and the march starts at 12:30.
What streets will be closed:
According to the City of Boston, the march route will be closed to vehicles between noon and 2. The route is:
• exit the Boston Common at the intersection of Beacon Street and Charles Street
• turn left on Beacon Street
• turn left on Arlington Street
• turn right on Commonwealth Avenue outbound
• turn left on Clarendon Street
• turn left on Commonwealth Avenue inbound
• turn right on Arlington Street
• turn left on Boylston Street
• re-enter the Boston Common at the intersection of Boylston and Charles Streets.
Where parking will be restricted:
• Charles Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
• Beacon Street, both sides, from Park Street to Arlington Street
• Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon Street to Boylston Street
• Commonwealth Avenue, both sides, from Arlington Street to Clarendon Street
• Boylston Street, both sides, from Arlington Street to Tremont StreetHeather Ciras can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @heatherciras.