A Roxbury high school classroom was evacuated after a small chemical accident Tuesday morning, a fire official said.
A “very minimal amount” of chemicals was spilled in a Madison Park Technical Vocational High School lab around 11 a.m., Boston Fire Department spokesman Marc Sanders said. Officials have yet to determine the substance, but it does not appear to be toxic, he said.
“It doesn’t seem to be a major incident,” he said. “We were notified as a precautionary measure.”
A staff member who was in the classroom during the spill reported dizziness and lightheadedness, said Daniel O’Brien, Boston Public Schools spokesman, but the person was quickly evaluated by Boston EMS services and seems to be fine.
The classroom was an active scene as of 12 p.m. Officials are investigating the incident.Elise Takahama can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @elisetakahama.