Brendan Flaherty , Beverly: The 6-foot-1, 185-pound back put the finishing touch on a 26-touchdown senior campaign with 175 yards rushing and a pair of TDs as the Panthers turned back Natick, 28-21, in the Division 2A Super Bowl. He teamed up with Kenny Pierce (71 yards, 2 TDs) to fuel a 347-yard ground game.
Rodolfo Jimenez, St. Mary’s: The 6-foot-3, 245-pound defensive tackle recorded 10 tackles in the Spartans’ 14-8 loss to Abington in the Division 4 Super Bowl. Jimenez, a junior, helped anchor a defense that allowed just 10.5 points per game this season.
Jack Sharrio , St. John's Prep: The senior QB tossed a pair of touchdown passes and ran for another as the Eagles toppled Brockton, 48-28, in the Division 1 Super Bowl.
Alex Valente , Reading: The senior back rushed for 161 yards on just eight carries — punctuated by a 99-yard gallop in the first quarter — as the Rockets rolled to the Division 2 title with a 27-7 win over Mansfield.
Jakarrie Washington , Everett: The senior capped a prolific career with a 121-yard, two-touchdown performance to lead the Crimson Tide to a 20-19 victory against Barnstable for the Division 1A title. He finished with a 1A-best 21 TDs.
Gulizia's Top 10 teams
(Final records and last game result listed)
1. Everett (11-1); beat Barnstable, 20-19 (Div. 1A Super Bowl)
2. St. John's Prep (11-1); beat Brockton, 48-28 (Div. 1 Super Bowl)
3. Reading (13-0); beat Mansfield, 27-7 (Div. 2 Super Bowl)
4. Beverly (13-0); beat Natick, 28-21 (Div. 2A Super Bowl)
5. Andover (10-2); lost to St. John’s Prep (Div. 1 playoffs)
6. Burlington (10-2); lost to Beverly, 34-21 (Div. 2A playoffs)
7. Lowell (9-2); beat Haverhill, 36-23
8. Central Catholic (9-2); lost to Andover, 22-19.
9. St. Mary's (10-2); lost to Abington, 14-8 (Div. 4 Super Bowl)
10. Lynnfield (9-3); lost to Bishop Feehan, 21-7, in D3A Super Bowl.