Ten to watch
1. Malden Catholic (20-1-4): Two straight Super 8 titles? This is their spot until another team says otherwise.
2. St. John's Prep (16-6-2): The Eagles will get their two regular season cracks at Malden Catholic to prove they are up to the task.
3. Central Catholic (15-5-5): The Raiders put together a sensational run in the Super 8 last season. The return of Mike Kelleher to the lineup will help the offense, but who replaces Kyle Williams in net?
4. Burlington (18-2-6): The defending Division 1 champions played in the most exciting game of the last season, a 4-3 loss to Central Catholic in the Super 8 crossover round. They know what they are capable of.
5. Chelmsford (15-7-2): Tommy Bishop is the type of playmaker who can carry the Lions, and the increasingly brutal schedule that the Merrimack Valley/Dual County puts out will prove a worthy test to his skills.
6. Westford Academy (13-5-4): Only six players return, but those players provide a core of hungry veterans who want nothing more than a Super 8 berth.
7. Reading (12-5-2): This will be a bounce-back season for the Rockets, who suffered untimely injuries throughout the 2011-2012 season.
8. Austin Prep (11-7-4): Despite their record, they showed up at the Super 8 table because they felt they at least belonged in the discussion. This year they look to make no doubts about it.
9. Beverly (14-6-1): NEC North MVP Connor Irving will be looking to improve on his 24-goal, 34-assist sophomore season.
10. Wilmington (16-4-5): Senior Cam Owens has the Division 2 champion Wildcats thinking repeat.
Compiled by Craig Forde
Craig Forde can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.