In 2006, Massachusetts implemented Nicole’s Law, requiring carbon monoxide detectors in all homes. The Georgetown Fire Department is asking residents to check their carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are still operable. Carbon monoxide detectors have a lifespan of about seven years, according to the department. Visit the Fire Department link on the town website for instructions on how to determine if a carbon monoxide detector needs replacing: www.georgetownma.gov.
Fire officials advise checking carbon monoxide detectors
You've reached the limit of 10 free articles a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than $1 a week