Read as much as you want on BostonGlobe.com, anywhere and anytime, for just 99¢.

Somerville

Man sent to hospital after auto shop fire

Continue reading below

A fire in a Somerville auto shop started in a pickup truck parked in the garage and led to one victim being hospitalized, a fire official said. Firefighters responded to Glass and Mirror at 190 Broadway at 9:18 p.m. on March 7, where they found a Chevy pickup truck engulfed in flames, parked in one of the shop’s garage bays, Deputy Fire Chief Patrick Sullivan said. Apartments above the auto shop were evacuated, and one individual had to be rescued and transported to Massachusetts General Hospital due to smoke inhalation, he said. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries fighting the blaze, which was caused by a mechanical failure in the truck, Sullivan said. The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week