Cassandra Hunt , Brooks: The sophomore struck out eight batters while firing a five-inning no-hitter as the Bishops downed Independent School League foe Middlesex via mercy-rule, 15-0.
Siobhan O'Sullivan , Reading: The senior shortstop went 3 for 3 with a home run and 3 RBIs as the Rockets beat Arlington, 7-4, in a Middlesex League matchup.
Rachel Shamon , Masconomet: The senior captain earned the win in the circle thanks to her handiwork at the plate. Her solo homer helped the Chieftains mount a comeback against Triton, and then she delivered a go-ahead triple in the seventh inning for a 7-5 win. Masco (10-5) is clinched a spot in the tourney with the win.
Scott Tully , Reading: The senior southpaw improved to 6-1 this season, striking out 15 while helping his own cause with two hits, a run, an RBI, and three stolen bases beating Arlington in a 4-0 victory over Arlington.
Rory Ziomek , Phillips Andover: The senior threw a complete game shutout, fanning 12 betters in a 5-0 victory over Tabor as PA improved to 8-6.
Top 10 baseball teams
(Records through Tuesday, with next game listed)
1. St. John's Prep (16-1); vs. Malden Catholic, Mon., 4
2. North Reading (15-0); at Hamilton-Wenham, Tues., 3:45
3. Danvers (16-1); vs. Saugus, Mon., 6:30
4. Peabody (16-2); at Revere, Wed., 4
5. Billerica (13-3); at Malden Catholic, Fri., 6:30
6. Medford (13-3); vs. Stoneham, Mon., 3:45
7. Beverly (13-4); at Wakefield, Tues., 3:45
8. Burlington (12-4); vs. Concord-Carlisle, Thurs., 3:45
9. Central Catholic (12-4); vs. Andover, Tues., 3:45
10. Everett (10-5); at Cambridge, Mon., 4
Top 10 softball teams
1. Danvers (13-0); at Gloucester, Wed., 4
2. Central Catholic (13-2); vs. Andover, Mon., 3:45
3. Amesbury (13-1); state tourney
4. Burlington (15-2); vs. Central Catholic, Wed., 4
5. Peabody (11-2); at Lynn Classical, Mon., 7
6. Wakefield (12-5); vs. Bedford, Tues., 6
7. Methuen (11-5); state tourney
8. Dracut (12-4); state tourney
9. Reading (11-6); vs. Danvers, Sun., 10
10. Tewksbury (10-6); at Central Catholic, Tues., 3:45
Game to Watch
St. John's Prep at Danvers, Saturday, 6:30
The crosstown rivals both stood at 16-1 last week, with the regular season in the home stretch. After losing their opening game to Xaverian, Prep hasn’t lost since. On the other side, the Falcons went 11-0 before an extra-innings trip-up to Peabody, but they have since responded with five straight wins.