Matt Chilton, St. John’s Prep: The senior striker was the offensive catalyst for an Eagle squad that outscored last week’s three opponents 18-2. He banged out a hat trick against Malden Catholic on Sept. 11, and then tallied a goal against both St. John’s (Shrewsbury) and Central Catholic on the 13th and 14th.
Preston Gordon, Woburn: The junior defender scored all three goals in a 3-3 tie against Lexington on Monday. He has notched half of the team’s six goals through its first five games.
Caitlin Harty, Beverly: The returning Globe All-Scholastic registered her 100th career goal in a 4-0 win over Salem on Tuesday. The senior captain played a role in all four scores for the Panthers, tallying two goals and two assists.
Courteney Lanier, Lowell Catholic: The senior keeper picked up two shutouts last week, against St. Clement on the 11th — when she also notched a goal and an assist — and Notre Dame (Tyngsborough) on the 16th. On the 13th, she recorded an assist on a punt, as the Fighting Crusaders tied Weston 2-2.
Cody Sedler, Pentucket: Though normally a goalie, the junior played up front against Triton on Tuesday and scored his first career goal in a 2-1 win. The Cape Ann League All-Star keeper notched 12 shutouts last fall for the Sachems.
Snow’s top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Wednesday, with next game listed)
1. Somerville (3-0); vs. Billerica, Monday, 4
2. St. John’s Prep (4-0-1); at Catholic Memorial, Wed., 7
3. Masconomet (3-0-1); at Saugus, Mon., 3:45
4. North Andover (5-0); at Chelmsford, Tues., 6:30
5. Danvers (2-0-1); vs. Gloucester, Mon., 6:30
6. Wilmington (3-1); vs. Wakefield, Mon., 6
7. Georgetown (3-1); vs. Hamilton-Wenham, Wed., 3:45
8. Hamilton-Wenham (2-1); vs. Pentucket, Mon., 3:45
9. St. Mary’s (3-1); at Bishop Fenwick, Mon., 4
10. Pentucket (2-2); at Hamilton-Wenham, Mon., 3:45
Snow’s top 10 girls’ teams
1. Central Catholic (3-0); Andover, Tues., 6
2. Beverly (3-0-1); Revere, Mon., 4
3. Andover (3-0); at Central Catholic, Tues., 6
4. Peabody (2-1); Beverly, Wed., 6:30
5. Masconomet (2-0-1); Westborough, Tues., 7
6. Wilmington (3-1); at Wakefield, Mon., 3:45
7. Newburyport (2-0-1); Ipswich, Wed., 3:45
8. Hamilton-Wenham (2-1); at Pentucket, Mon., 3:45
9. Lynnfield (4-0); at Triton, Wed., 3:45
10. Austin Prep (4-0-1); Arlington Catholic, Mon., 4
Game of the week
Andover at Central Catholic (girls), Tuesday, 6 p.m. The Merrimack Valley rivals sit tied atop the league standings, each sporting undefeated 3-0 marks. Each team has allowed just one goal on the young season, while the Raiders hold the scoring advantage, 16-9.
Taylor C. Snow can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.