Records for the Old Burial Ground on Academy Road are now online, in a searchable database. Established about 1650, the Old Burial Ground holds the remains of the founding families of Andover and their descendants. Because of the site’s importance, the North Andover Historical Society and the North Andover Historical Commission often give tours of the site to interested people and conduct special programs at the Old Burial Ground for schoolchildren. A digitized map and database, including snapshots of the burial ground from the summer of 2013, are now available for public use, with each point on the map representing the headstone for each burial site. The project was completed with support from three local organizations — the North Andover Historical Society, the town Historical Commission, and North Parish Church — and the Merrimack Valley Planning Commission. To view the map and database, visit the town’s website at www.townofnorthandover.com and click on the link to “Historic burial records” in the Town News section of the home page.