You can now read 10 articles each month for free on BostonGlobe.com.

The Boston Globe

South

Norton

Superintendent interviews to begin soon

Interviews for a new Norton superintendent of schools should begin in December or January, School Committee member Margaret Werner said. Specific dates have not been scheduled. The search committee’s roster was being finalized last week. The school system received about 20 applications as of Thanksgiving week, according to School Committee chairman Andrew Mackie, with the application period ending Nov. 30. Interim Superintendent Chris Martes, formerly superintendent in Foxborough, has been “very well received” in Norton, but cannot accept the permanent job because he is retired, Mackie said.

Loading comments...

You have reached the limit of 10 free articles a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than $1 a week