Joe Brady , Abington: The senior linebacker capped his high school career with a game-clinching interception, sealing the Green Wave’s 14-8 Super Bowl win.
Brendan Hill , Mansfield: The 6-foot-5, 205-pound sophomore hauled in the game’s first touchdown, a 7-yard pass in the first quarter of the Hornets’ 27-7 Division 2 Super Bowl loss to Reading. He finished the day with seven catches for 113 yards.
Jon Hurvitz , Duxbury: In the Dragons’ 23-19 defeat to Mansfield in the Division 2 playoffs, the senior back scored all three touchdowns and rushed for 138 yards on 11 carries. He finished the season with 19 TDs.
Dylan Oxsen , Plymouth South: The Panthers’ star junior rushed for 317 yards and five touchdowns in a 38-33 Division 2A playoffs loss to Natick.
Austin Roberts , Brockton: The senior QB ran for 100 yards and two TDS in the Boxers’ 33-7 playoff win over Weymouth and then threw a 59-yard scoring pass in a 48-28 loss to St. John’s Prep in Division 1 Super Bowl.
Doncaster’s Top 10 teams
(Final records and last game listed)
1. Abington (13-0); beat St. Mary’s, 14-8 (Div. 4 Super Bowl)
2. Sharon (10-3); beat Wayland, 12-3 (Div. 3 Super Bowl)
3. Brockton (9-4); lost to St. John’s Prep, 48-28 (Div. 1 Super Bowl)
4. Mansfield (8-5); lost to Reading, 27-7 (Div. 2 Super Bowl)
5. Duxbury (11-1); lost to Mansfield, 23-19 (Div. 2 playoffs)
6. Walpole (10-1); beat Weymouth, 48-21
7. Plymouth South (8-4); lost to Natick, 38-33 (Div. 2A
8. Weymouth (8-4); lost to Brockton, 33-7 (Div. 1 playoffs)
9. Blue Hills (10-2); beat Minuteman, 26-8 (Small School
10. Xaverian (4-7); lost to St. John’s Prep, 9-0
The Duxbury High football program won 37 straight games over three-plus seasons before falling to Mansfield, 23-19, in the Division 2 playoffs. Off the field, during the month of October, which was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Dragons raised $5,600 for the Dana Farber Mammography Outreach Van, which will supply nearly 40 mammogram screenings and education for women around Boston. The team also got involved with the Best Buddies program, which focuses on individuals with intellectual and development disabilities.