Read as much as you want on, anywhere and anytime, for just 99¢.


Three-alarm fire leaves three homeless

Continue reading below

A three-alarm fire at 92 Progress St.  of accidental origin left three people homeless Monday afternoon. No injuries were reported, but according to Abington Fire Chief John Nuttall, “the house appears to be a total loss.” There was only one occupant in the building at the time of the fire, said Nuttall, and she managed to get safely to a neighbor’s house before being transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital for unrelated non-life-threatening injuries. Smoke from the blaze in the 1890 home was visible from the fire station when the call was reported, and the flames spread so quickly that fighting the blaze required assistance from nine surrounding towns.  

Loading comments...
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of
Marketing image of