Carly Acaro , Norton: A 12-day layoff had no apparent negative effect on the Lancers (5-0) and their freshman outfielder/catcher, who fell a homer short of the cycle in a 12-5 win over Ashland, the team’s only game of the week. She went 3 for 3 with six total bases and three RBIs.
Ryan Earle , Archbishop Williams: In two games that saw Archie’s outscore its foes by a combined 27-8, the sophomore from Hanover went 7 for 9 with six extra-base hits and five RBIs at the plate, in addition to throwing six innings of one-hit, seven-strikeout ball. He now boasts a .600 average and 1.94 ERA for the 5-0 Bishops.
Michaela Lannon , Duxbury: An infield single was the only thing separating the senior righthander from a no-hitter against Scituate Monday, but she still managed to strike out 14 in the 12-0 win. She has racked up 48 strikeouts in her last four games, all wins.
Alex Person , Xaverian: The Hawks are halfway to their goal of 10 regular-season wins thanks to the righthander — who is among the team’s offensive leaders — no-hitting Brockton at home Monday. In the 6-0 win, Person needed just 96 pitches to strike out 12 and walk two en route to his second win of 2013.
Madi Shaw , Bridgewater-Raynham: The Fordham-bound shortstop powered the Trojans to a 3-0 week (wins over Fontbonne, Walpole, and Braintree) with eight hits, seven runs, and four RBIs. The bulk of that came vs. the Ducks when the Raynham resident went 5 for 5 with a home run, double, four runs, and three RBI.
Healey’s Top 10 baseball teams
(Records through Tuesday, with next game listed)
1. Walpole (7-1); Mon. vs. Needham
2. Oliver Ames (6-0); Mon. at Attleboro, 3:30
3. Xaverian (5-4); Mon. vs. BC High, 4
4. Silver Lake (6-1); Mon. vs. Scituate, 4
5. Braintree (4-1); Mon. at Dedham, 3:45
6. Bridgewater-Raynham (6-0); Tues. vs. Barnstable, 4
7. Sharon (5-3); Mon. at Mansfield, 3:45
8. Norwood (4-2); Mon. at Wellesley, 3:45
9. Middleborough (4-1); Mon. at Pembroke, 3:30
10. Archbishop Williams (5-0); Mon. at Cardinal Spellman, 3:30
Healey’s Top 10 softball teams
1. Bridgewater-Raynham (5-0); Tues. at Barnstable, 4
2. Abington (7-2); Tues. at Carver
3. Duxbury (6-1); Mon. at Hingham, 4
4. Norwood (6-1); Mon. at Weymouth, 3:45
5. Silver Lake (6-1); Mon. at Scituate, 4
6. Notre Dame (Hingham) (4-1); Mon. vs. Barnstable, 3:30
7. Norton (4-0); Mon. at Westwood, 3:45
8. Cardinal Spellman (6-2); Mon. at Archbishop Williams, 3:30
9. Hanover (4-2); Mon. at North Quincy, 4
10. Avon (7-0); Mon. vs. South Shore Voc-Tech, 3:30
Game of the Week
Xaverian baseball (5-4) vs. Boston College High (5-0), Monday, 4
This Catholic Conference matchup pits the host Hawks, the 2012 Division 1 state champions, against the Eagles, considered by many to be the top team in Eastern Mass. It is an important game in terms of the league standings for both BC High (2-0) and Xaverian (1-1), and if last year is any indication — the teams each scored eight runs while splitting the two-game season series — it will be a tight one. Righties Austin DeCarr and Alex Person, both of Foxborough, should give BC High a handful from the mound and at the plate, while the Eagles boast a plethora of threats, including two Bridgewater residents, third baseman Ryan Tufts and shortstop Jake Marotta.