Elizabeth Balzarini , Dedham: In a 6-0 start for the Marauders, the sophomore keeper registered four shutouts. She also made 10 saves in a 4-1 win over Bay State Herget rival Wellesley.
Patrick Federle , Cohasset: The junior goalkeeper made 15 saves in a 1-0 shutout of Norwell on Monday for his second win of the year. He blanked East Bridgewater, 1-0, for his other victory.
Tyler Johnson , Carver: Halfway through the first half of a 1-0 win against Norwell on Tuesday, the senior forward notched the lone goal via a penalty kick into the bottom right corner. He has 10 goals and an assist through five games.
Jenna Novio , Rockland: Taking a free kick for the first time in her career, the junior defender cashed in from 30 yards out for her first goal five minutes into the second half of an eventual 2-0 shutout of Abington. She also assisted on the other goal.
Mackenzie Vlachos , East Bridgewater: Following a five-goal outburst against Abington, and a two-goal day against Hull, the freshman forward netted a hat trick in a 9-0 romp of Mashpee on Tuesday. She has 14 goals and four assists through five games.
Cappiello’s Top 10 boys’ soccer teams
(Records through Wednesday, with next game listed)
1. Archbishop Williams (6-0); vs. Cardinal Spellman, Monday, 5
2. Carver (5-0); vs. Rockland, Tuesday, 4 p.m.
3. Cardinal Spellman (4-0); at Archbishop Williams, Monday, 5
4. Braintree (4-0); at Framingham, Tuesday, 3:45
5. Oliver Ames (3-0); at Stoughton, Tuesday, 3:30
6. Brockton (4-1); at New Bedford, Tuesday, 5
7. Apponequet (4-1); at Greater New Bedford RVT, Monday, 3:30
8. Silver Lake (3-0-1); vs. Middleborough, Tuesday, 3:30
9. Marshfield (3-2-1); at Dennis-Yarmouth, Friday, 4
10. Xaverian (3-2); at BC High, Wednesday, 5:45
Boys’ Game of the week
Archbishop Williams boys vs. Cardinal Spellman, Monday, 5 p.m. – In a matchup of Catholic Central League leaders, host Archies is averaging 3.7 goals per game and had not surrendered a goal through the first six games.
Cappiello’s Top 10 girls’ soccer teams
1. Dedham (6-0); vs. Natick, Tuesday, 3:45 p.m.
2. East Bridgewater (5-0); at Monomoy, Tuesday, 4 p.m.
3. Rockland (5-0); vs. Carver, Tuesday, 4 p.m.
4. Bridgewater-Raynham (5-1) at Dartmouth, Thursday, 4 p.m.
5. Duxbury (4-0-1) at Quincy, Tuesday, 4 p.m.
6. Scituate (3-0-2) at North Quincy, Tuesday, 6 p.m.
7. Cardinal-Spellman (3-1); vs. Archbishop Williams, Monday, 6:30 p.m.
8. Plymouth South (3-0-1); vs. Plymouth North, Monday, 3:30 p.m.
9. Foxborough (2-1); vs. Milford, Tuesday, 3:45 p.m.
10. Canton (2-1-1); at Sharon, Monday, 3:45 p.m.
Girls’ Game of the week
Scituate at North Quincy, Tuesday, 6 p.m. – Scituate is coming off a win over previously unbeaten Whitman-Hanson and owns the top spot in the Patriot (Fisher). North Quincy is one spot behind, and the two squads are nearly even in goal scoring (2.8 vs. 2.6, respectively).